Day 07: 21 Days Fasting & Prayer
Sunday, 18th of December 2022
265 143 2349
Categories : Fasting and Prayer
Taking New Territories
“Every place that the sole of your foot will tread upon I have given you, as I said to Moses.” (Joshua 1:3)
Believers can be in leadership positions in different fields, such as sports, politics, tech, agriculture, education, military, healthcare, and the media. The kingdom of God will grow through our leadership in those positions, and godly values will permeate different institutions and systems.
God commanded Adam to be fruitful, multiply, and have dominion (Genesis 1:28). As God’s children, we are designed to have dominion and take territories. Taking territory does not require a sword or a gun. It is not about fighting people physically. Taking territory is about “influence.” Success in any field of endeavour will lead to “influence.” We are to use our influence to establish godly principles and values in society.
We are the light and the salt of the earth; we are designed by redemption to take over the earth for God. We are called and saved to influence every sector and keep it from corruption and destruction (Matthew 5:16, 1 Peter 2:9). Christians are to set a good example for others to follow, a blueprint for leadership, morality, and humanity. We are the change agents that the world should look to for inspiration and instruction.
What does it mean to take territories?
1. It means to become a change agent.
2. It means breaking new frontiers.
3. It means to advance the kingdom of God in the hearts of men.
4. It means to influence your environment with kingdom principles.
5. It means to become a positive reference point.
Why do we need to take over territories?
1. To displace rulers of darkness
These demonic rulers are the cause of sickness, disease, poverty, death, pain, and all manner of evil in our societies. If we don't displace them, they will remain for as long as it takes.
For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places. (Ephesians 6:12)
2. To succeed in all your labour
Territorial spirits are frustrating the efforts of many Christians. If you don’t break their hold over a territory, it may be difficult for you to succeed in those territories.
Every place that the sole of your foot will tread upon I have given you, as I said to Moses. (Joshua 1:3)
Many ministries cannot grow beyond a limited number because there are territorial spirits that have held the minds of many in bondage.
5P’s for taking territories
These five requirements must be met before you can claim territories for God.
Why do you desire to take territories, for self or God?
If your purpose is right, God will back you up, but if you are doing it out of selfish motives, you will be exposing yourself to satanic attacks.
Jabez prayed for God to enlarge his territory, and it was granted. Prayer is needed to clear off satanic resistance.
9 Now, Jabez was more honourable than his brothers, and his mother called his name Jabez, saying, “Because I bore him in pain.” 10 And Jabez called on the God of Israel saying, “Oh, that You would bless me indeed, and enlarge my territory, that Your hand would be with me, and that You would keep me from evil, that I may not cause pain!” So God granted him what he requested. (1 Chronicles 4:9-10).
You must be ready for a spiritual fight. You cannot take territory without fighting.
Daniel was determined not to defile himself with the king's food in the palace. (Daniel 1:8). Without purpose, you cannot be determined. If Daniel did not understand the purpose of God for his life, he would bow to the systems of Babylon. The man of God, Myles Munroe, said that “when purpose is not known, abuse is inevitable.”
I will no longer talk much with you, for the ruler of this world is coming, and he has nothing in Me. (John 14:30). The prince of this world came to search the life of Christ but could not find anything unclean in Him. If he found any fault, Christ would have become a legal captive to the enemy.
You can appear clean to people around you but are you clean inside, or are you just pretending? The devil knows if what you are doing is eye service or if you are just playing religion. Are you a different person in the church and the workplace? Purity comes before power. If you are not right with God, you cannot take territories.
Or how can one enter a strong man’s house and plunder his goods unless he first binds the strong man? And then he will plunder his house. (Matthew 12:29)
The devil is the strongman, and before you take territories, the devil must be bound. We have been given authority to bind anything on earth, so if we fail to bind, nothing will be bound. The strong man in any territory you are trying to influence must be bound. For example, the strong man in the business and official terrain, tech, healthcare, etc, must be bound. There are specific principalities in charge of different areas of life.
Further Study: Genesis 13:15, Psalm 2:8
Repeat every prayer missile till it comes from your heart. Only then move on to the next prayer missile. (Repeat it, personalize it, and do this with each prayer point for a minimum 1 minute)
1. Thank You, Father, for making me sit together with Christ in Heavenly Places, far above principalities, powers, dominions and might. In Jesus' Name Amen
2. In the name of Jesus, I possess every possession of mine.
3. Any territorial spirit resisting my advancement, I paralyze you in Jesus' name.
4. Any satanic stronghold blocking my success and advancement, I pull you down in Jesus' name.
5. I decree, let angelic hosts begin to fight for me against any territorial spirits challenging my existence and divine assignments in Jesus name.
6. Oh Lord, enlarge my coast, and increase my greatness in Jesus' name. Do the same for everyone participating in this fast.
7. I break limiting cultures, traditions, and territorial spirits, fighting my rising and glory in Jesus' name.
8. Oh ground, hear the word of the Lord, begin to work for my good in Jesus' name.
9. Every limitation placed on my destiny, be removed and destroyed in Jesus' name.
10. I take new territories now (mention those areas you want to succeed) in Jesus' name.
11. I reclaim and recover all of my captured blessings, glory, and virtue in the name of Jesus.
12. Please pray that Karuna Sadan Ministries would expand into new territories.
Most Read● Day 21: 21 Days Fasting & Prayer
● How to Become a Witness of His Resurrection – II
● The Joy of Found Sheep
● Be an Example
● Don’t Stop Pouring Into Others
● Cultivating the Supernatural
● Nature of Godly Discipline-1