Step Out of Your Comfort Zone
Friday, 26th of January 2024
185 133 1255
Categories : Comfort Zone
Now the Lord had said to Abram:
“Get out of your country, from your family and from your father’s house, to a land that I will show you. 2 I will make you a great nation; I will bless you and make your name great; and you shall be a blessing. (Genesis 12:1-2)
Everybody has a Comfort Zone.
- There is a certain temperature at which we feel the most comfortable.
- There is a way of life in which we feel at ease.
- There is a crowd of people we meet after church with whom we feel most comfortable.
What is a comfort zone?
Your comfort zone is made up of the people, places, things, and habits that are familiar to you.
Before God could bless Abraham, God asked him to get out of his comfort zone. The fact is that till we don’t move out of our comfort zone, God cannot bless us in the way He wants to.
When He (Lord Jesus) had stopped speaking, He said to Simon, “Launch out into the deep and let down your nets for a catch.” (Luke 5:4)
God wants to bless you—big-time! It was for this reason that He said to Simon, “Launch out into the deep and let down your nets for a catch.” The deep is where you will find a whole lot of fish and a better quality of fish. You won’t find them near the shore in shallow waters. But to launch out into the deep is to move away from the comfort of the shoreline.
Now, if your comfort is more important than your blessing, then you will never receive your blessing, but to those of you who are willing to get out of your comfort zone, the Lord is saying, “I will do a new thing.”
There are some that have settled in their spiritual comfort zones.
- Some of us have been praying for 15mins for years.
- Some of us never win souls; we are happy with the same people that attend our services.
- Some of us have never given beyond Rs.50 and Rs.100. (I am not saying this so that I can get your money. It’s so that you can get out of that rut)
- Some of us have never fasted.
- Some of us are still holding that bitterness, offence against someone for months and probably years. It’s so comfortable this way for many.
Jesus fed them with the fish and bread (comfort food), and they were about to make Him King.
The moment, He spoke of His body being flesh and His blood being drink (uncomfortable food), they left Him. This is how it is with many today. Please don’t be like them.
When we are too comfortable, we are less likely to move. Then we become a monument instead of a movement.
By faith Abraham, when called to go to a place he would later receive as his inheritance, obeyed and went, even though he did not know where he was going. (Hebrews 11:8)
Many did not reach their destiny because they refused to pay the price to come out of their comfort zones. Dare to be different. Step out of your comfort zone into what God has called you for.
Repeat every Prayer Missile till it comes from your heart. Repeat each prayer missile for minimum 2 minute
1.Father, give me Your power to pursue Your plan for my life daily.
2.Every power of stagnation working against me, I speak fire. Your time is up. Leave me now in Jesus’ Name.
3.In the name of Jesus, I am going to a higher level.
Most Read● Get Out of Debt : Key # 1
● What is Self-Deception? - II
● Training for Battle - 1
● Overcoming the Arrows of Discouragement-I
● How to Pray When You Feel Distant from God
● Activate Those Things
● How to Experience Joy Each Day of This New Year